THE DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL MINORITIES UNDER THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA IN THE AREA OF ROMA INTEGRATION
The Department of National Minorities under the Government of the Republic of Lithuania participates in the formation and implementation of the policy of national minorities, which guarantees the satisfaction of the legitimate interests and needs of the residents of the Republic of Lithuania belonging to national minorities, the protection of their national identity as well as enables them to fully participate in the social, political and cultural life of the country and to educate their citizenship, tolerance and intolerance for inciting national discord.
In order to endure the integration of the Roma national minority into Lithuanian society, the Department implements following actions:
- Coordinates the implementation of the measures of the 2022-2023 action plan for the integration of Roma community into Lithuanian society, implements the measures for the promotion of Roma into Lithuanian society as well as promotion of Roma education’s measures, women’s empowerment and tolerance stimulation provided with the plan; carries out monitoring of the action plan;
- Supports the dissemination of Roma culture and traditions;
- Supports centers working with Roma children and youth;
- In order to ensure the cooperation of Roma non-governmental organizations with local self-government institutions, the Department implements the project ‘Lithuanian Roma Platform – going local’
- Cooperates with the Council of Europe and the European Commission solving the issues with the Roma community integration.
More about the department:
Department of National Minorities under the Government of the Republic of Lithuania (lrv.lt)